A lightweight and user-oriented application that provides the required tools to analyze, diagnose and repair multiple damaged fonts. FontDoctor X is a powerful and practical Mac OS X application specially designed to scan, analyze, diagnose, repair and organize your fonts. Thanks to FontDoctor X, you can easily and effortlessly find and fix hard-to-find font issues that can damage your Mac’s performance.
Well-designed and user-friendly interface
From FontDoctor X’s main window you can scan multiple font folders located on your Mac’s hard disk or network drives, identify and repair common font problems that range from missing PostScript fonts and bitmaps to corrupt or damaged fonts and mixed font types.
The diagnose process is capable to identify and repair font problems and clean up your font library. Hence, you can scan a single font file or all the fonts stored on an entire volume. What is more, you can configure FontDoctor X to check for various issues such as ID conflicts, duplicate fonts, compatibility and more.
Once the process is complete you can decide how you want to fix the discovered problems. You can also check the Font Diagnosis Report and view a detailed description for the found issues. The report can be easily saved as a text file or printed.
By accessing the Organize tab, you can quickly organize your fonts using their font name or family name. You can also delete empty folders and original files after copying your fonts, create foundry name folders, alphabetic folders and family name folders.
The Tools tab helps you clean font caches, move or compare your fonts with just a few mouse clicks. The cleaning process can fix corrupt system files that can cause problems with your fonts.
The Preferences window helps you enable or disable the Interface sounds, animate the Dock icon and configure FontDoctor X to diagnose and repair in unattended mode.
Keep bad fonts from derailing your work. FontDoctor can:
- Quarantine corrupt and malformed fonts
- Repair common font problems
- Generate detailed reports about bad fonts
- Weed out improperly organized font suitcases
New in Version 10:
- Constant font monitoring with automatic font problem detection
- AutoScan feature scans fonts at regular intervals in the background
- Font Quarantine for easy isolation and management of problem fonts
- Generate, manage, and archive detailed font reports using the new Reports panel
- Powerful and fast full 64-bit processing architecture
What's New Version 10.2.2:
- Fixed a defect that caused FontDoctor to hang/freeze/crash when diagnosing a font that has a PostScript name length that is less than four
- Fixed a defect that caused FontDoctor to crash when examining certain Mac TrueType fonts
- Fixed scrolling issues in the Quarantine list view
System Requirements: Mac OS X v10.7 or higher
Download File Size:4.83 MB