J. Grenville, "A History of the World: From the 20th to the 21st Century"
Routledge; 2 edition | August 6, 2005 | ISBN: 0415289556 | 1008 pages | PDF | 12.7 MB
With the onset of decolonisation, the rise and fall of fascism and communism, the technological revolution and the rapidly increasing power of the United States, the world since 1900 has witnessed global change on an immense scale. Providing a comprehensive survey of the key events and personalities of this period throughout the world, A History of the World includes discussion of topics such as:
- the rivalry between European nations from 1900-1914
- the Depression and the rise of fascism during the 1920s and 1930s
- the global impact of the Cold War
- decolonisation and its effects
- the continuing conflict in the Middle East.
This new edition has been updated throughout to take account of recent historical research. Bringing the story up to date, J.A.S. Grenville includes a discussion of events such as 9/11, recent economic problems in Latin America and the second Gulf War.
Download File Size:12.46 MB