The library is recorded with 4-5 different mic positions: AB, Tree, Close, Surround and Concert master (only violin 1). The mics can me mixed and matched by the user but using them all at the same time is obviously very resource demanding. Also Adaptive Legato Engine is created, which uses three different legato types (slurred-expressive, agile and fast) plus portamento, and it switches automatically depending on how fast you play. Velocity switches between three different bow stroke intensities for an even more realistic legato attack.
The library was recorded in one of the best sounding scoring stages in Europe with a fantastic complement of legendary microphones catapulting Berlin Strings on a new level of orchestral string sampling.
- First True Adaptive Legato (including 4 legato types: Slurred, Agile (scripted), Fast Runs and Portamento)
- Up to 24x RR Spiccatos
- Extensive collection of different short notes
- Playable Runs and pre-recorded octave runs (tempo synced)
- Smaller Sections for more definition and detail
- 4 Mic Positions + Concert Master Mic (Violins I only)
- Bow Stroke Control (soft, immediate, accented)
- Up to 3 different vibrato expressions
- Ostinato Arp Legato (fast leg 6RR and slow leg 3RRs true legato)
- 121 GB of samples in NCW format (254 GB uncompressed)
- 24Bit / 48KHz Patches
- Works with the free Kontakt Player 5.3+ or Kontakt 5.3+
Adaptive Legato Engine
Berlin Strings features an innovative new legato system which analyzes your performance to choose between four different types of legato:
- Slurred expressive legato
- Agile, fast legato (scripted)
- fast runs legato
With velocity you have control over different captured bow stroke intensities (soft attack, immediate attack, accented attack). With the sustain pedal you can add a soft decay to end a phrase. These release samples have been specifically recorded. Additionally, the faster you play the more blurred the intonation will turn out - like in a real string performance. These blurred intonation effects will be created by specifically sampled articulations. Via a CC of your choice you can switch between different vibrato expressions.
Sections and their Sizes
For Berlin Strings we decided to choose smaller section sizes to keep the definition and vibrato details in the sampled patches. Several crossfading techniques (dynamic layers, legatos fade scripts, vibrato fading) or playing more than one voice leads to a bigger and pad-like undefined string sound. With smaller sections we?re trying to take this effect into calculation to end up with a detailed, expressive orchestral string section.
Berlin Strings includes the following sections:
- 1st Violins (8 players)
- 2nd Violins (6 players)
- Violas (5 players)
- Celli (5 players)
- Basses (4 players)
Video Demo: youtu.be/Mg8UwKYkYl0
Download File Size:114.68 GB